AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
G’day, Mate! Australia has some unique requirements not typically seen globally. If you plan to market here, you need to know ingredients must be registered in the Australian ingredient system, which is very complex. We provide expert assistance when confirming ingredient acceptability as this can be unavailable via a public list.
Let International Cosmetics partner with you to successfully market your products in Australia.
- Labelling & Claims Compliance
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Registrations
- Compliance Services for Good Manufacturing Practices
Australia has its own complex system for ingredient acceptability, like nowhere else in the world. Australia does not have a Positive or Negative List, and it is not publicly available. We can help you determine if your ingredients meet this complicated system.
Product can be stopped at Customs in Australia at any point. Don’t take the risk. No one wants the disruption in their supply chain or damage to their brand.
Taking a risk on how a product is labelled by not having a professional review or choosing to risk not following recommendations of regulatory professionals will ultimately result in Australian enforcement. The label and what is written about your product is the first glimpse by the authorities for compliance.
Depending on what you say about your product(s), how you say it and/or how the consumer perceives the effects that are promised, can have a negative impact from the TGA viewpoint. What may be presented as a cosmetic may be reviewed by the TGA as a therapeutic product.
Potential Areas of Enforcement:
- Labelling Format
- Ingredients (don’t assume your ingredients are legal!)
- Product Classification
- Consumer Perspective
Services we provide:
- Review of ingredients (Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme – AICIS)
- Review of claims
- Label format
- Classification within the TGA category
Services we provide:
- Labelling Review for:
- Claims for product category (therapeutic goods / medicines)
- Ingredients for product category compliance
- Australian chemical list compliance
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) compliance
- Ingredient acceptability for Therapeutic formulas
- Ingredient Registration, if not on a government list
New Zealand’s regulations are very similar to those of Australia. Let International Cosmetics partner with you to successfully market your products in Australia and New Zealand.